Spokes Marketing Google Partner and Adwords Certified – 5 Things We Learned
The process of becoming a Google Partner and Adwords Certified is intense and grueling but you learn a lot about your business and how you can work with Google. Here are a few of our learnings in a nutshell:
- AdWords has become a complicated but very powerful way to advertise for almost anything you need: Awareness, Traffic, and Conversions. There are numerous small adjustments you can make (Geography, Sitelink Extensions, Timing of Ad Delivery to name just a few) that can help improve your campaign’s performance.
- Shopping Ads are an extremely effective way to attract site clicks and conversions for those clients who have e-commerce on their sites. This feature is growing dramatically as Google revamped to remove right-hand side ads, but left the Shopping Ads there, making them really stand out.
- Regardless of whether you’re selling a product or a service, you can use the Cost Per Acquisition model to drive actual SALES using the Google system. (The ‘system’ includes Google Search of course, but also Youtube, and a significant network of partner sites throughout the internet ecosystem). So instead of paying for just clicks, you pay only when you get a sale or another ‘conversion’. There are caveats here – you have to have 15 conversions in the last 30 days, but if you do, it’s a powerful way to improve business.
- One of the main reasons that I got into this business (from radio) was to be able to track and improve Return On Investment. We continue to have one of the best ways to track and improve this using Google.
- App Install and Engagement Advertising. Google continues to evolve as the internet evolves and they can now help you drive App Installs AND THEN . . . get people to go BACK to the App. This is one of the most important things you can do once you get an App Install.
We’ll continue to learn and grow as we’re now a Google Partner. We’ll be able to offer specials and advice you just can’t get everywhere. Of course, we’re staying local and we like working with small businesses.
Please CONTACT US with any questions about how best to utilize the full spectrum of Google!