Why Your Company Should Be Using LinkedIn
Technology is constantly changing, which means the way businesses brand and market themselves is changing too. With the rise of social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, it’s easy to get your company name out to customers directly, but can be less effective in branding your company to other companies, potential employees or networking and business leads. That’s where LinkedIn comes in handy.
LinkedIn allows you to create company pages to define and promote your business but is also useful for researching other businesses and people who have similar interests, strategies or profiles to yours.
Here’s why your company would benefit from LinkedIn:
- Showcase Your Brand: When using LinkedIn, you can continually update your profile or company, giving your connections current information about what you’re doing. Unlike other social media channels, LinkedIn is a professional way for companies to show people who they are, without the face-to-face contact. It is perfect for those times when someone wants a brief, but to-the-point introduction of what your company stands for before they meet you.
- Search Engine Optimization: LinkedIn profiles (company & individual) are ranked with high optimization on Google. This means that just having a LinkedIn profile will put you higher on the results page when someone searches your company name. People are using Google now more than ever to research companies, so being sure that your business shows up in the top search results is crucial. Creating a LinkedIn company profile can help you do just that.
- Networking: You can now get connected with people who may have been inaccessible in the past. LinkedIn is a great networking tool that helps you give and receive introductions to people. With first, second and third degree “connections,” it’s easy to research companies and build relationships that can help your business grow.
- Find New Employees: With an advanced search tool and suggested connections, LinkedIn is a great source when looking for new talent. You can find out your relationship to a person (if you have one), send direct messages and even see who is looking at your profile, which is beneficial to finding prospective employees. LinkedIn also makes it easy to recruit new people by allowing you to post your job to LinkedIn (and the LinkedIn Job Search app).
- Stay Updated: LinkedIn makes it incredibly easy to follow a company page with a news feed. People and companies you are connected with show up on your news feed when they post updates. This works vice versa too—by posting updates/blogs/news, you can appear on the wall of those other companies, which is helpful when finding new strategies, understanding companies and keeping your own brand relevant.
Social media is important these days, so make sure your business is taking full advantage of it! Contact us today to help with your social media plan!