Top 5 Email Marketing Tips That Will Get You Dedicated Customers
If your business isn’t capturing emails of prospective clients, you are leaving a lot of money on the table. One of the most quantifiable and profitable marketing strategies that your business could implement is email marketing. With email marketing you capture warm leads that can lead to dedicated customers, especially if you utilize these five tips.
Since nearly 70% of U.S. internet users prefer email as a method of communicating with businesses, it is the perfect channel to reach your warm audience. For every $1 spent there is a $44.25 average return on email marketing investment.(Experian.com) Not only is it an effective way to market it can be highly profitable. The key to making email marketing profitable is to have a measurable marketing strategy.
With these following tips you will be able to boost the amount of actions people take when your email arrives in their box.
- Make Mobile a Priority. 72 percent of US online adults send or receive personal emails via mobile device at least weekly. (Forrester) With the majority of adults utilizing smartphones and tablets it’s important to ensure that your email marketing campaigns are mobile friendly. To ensure that your emails are mobile friendly you must use a responsive design. Your emails’ templates should automatically respond to whatever type of device the person is using. Your emails have a better chance of being read all the way through if they are supported by responsive design.
- Get Creative With Your Subject Line. Your subject line is the most important aspect of getting your emailed opened. 32 percent of email recipients open email based on the subject line alone. (Convinceandconvert.com) Your subject line should seduce the reader into opening your email. People receive hundreds of emails a day; you have a lot of competition. To make your subject enticing, personalize it by using the receiver’s first name. Avoid using overused or “salesy” words like ‘free’, ‘new’, ‘percent off’, ‘reminder’ and ‘sale’. Stay tuned for our blog post on the Top 10 Email Subject Lines.
- Conduct A/B Split Testing For Better Results. When conducting an email campaign, you’ll be sending out more than one email. Each time tweak the subject line, email content, and times you send the email to gauge which option gets you a higher open and click through rate. Analyze your findings to get the optimal results.
- Send Emails Frequently. Don’t worry about sending too many emails. Send at the minimum one email a month. However, if you are conducting a campaign or promotion send at least one a week. If there is a pressing deadline you can send two the week of the deadline. Your dedicated customers will not get tired of hearing from you. If your content and offerings exceed their expectations they will be looking forward to your emails.
- Combine Email Marketing with your other Digital Marketing Campaign. Use your emails to drive traffic to your website and social media pages by including links. For example if you send an email with the title “5 Secrets to Saving Thousands of Dollars a Month,” place only 2 or 3 links in the email and encourage the reader to go to your website or blog to read the rest. By directing your warm leads back to your website you will be reinforcing your message. Also remember to have a lead capturing form on your homepage or landing pages. Offer your web visitors an incentive for signing up for your email list. Incentives can be a free consultation, e-book, report or discount.
The fruits of email marketing are limitless and yield many returns to your business. If your company is not currently employing an email marketing campaign, contact us to help you get started. Our branding and marketing team can ensure that you engage with your audience in a way that gets them excited and raving about your emails.