Getting into Google’s 7 Pack
Businesses with storefronts on main streets and roads get tons of foot traffic. You can entice people to come into your store by utilizing creative signage and displays. Google’s 7 Pack is the internet equivalent of having your store in a highly trafficked area.
Whenever a local search is conducted on Google, the search engine provides up to 7 results where the business’s name, address, phone number and maps are displayed. Depending on the location and keywords there may be less than 7 results.
Here are the results when “printing company Baltimore” is searched. As you can see, these results stand out from the other results on the page. The 7 Pack is listed after Google Ads and precedes other Google organic searches.
Google’s 7 Pack is the highly coveted internet real estate that can boost visits to your sites and may lead to more sales. Getting your website listed is not difficult,but it does require strategy. Here are a few Local SEO tips that will help you get ranked in the 7 pack:
- Create a local business Google Plus page.
- Claim/Verify your business. This process can take up to two weeks.
- Mention your company’s services and location in the meta-tag and meta-description.
- Create social media profiles and post frequently on them.
- Ensure that the company’s NAPW (name, address, phone, website) is consistent within your website and anywhere else your site is mentioned online.
- Get legitimate customer reviews on your Google Plus page.
Start improving your rank by making these changes today. For more information on Local SEO, check out our other blog post on ranking your local business organically. If you have any other questions about getting your company to rank within the Google 7 pack, contact us today to speak with our Digital Marketing specialist.